Dear list,

Can I obtain from the pdf box library a page label (e.g. "iv") given a page index and a set of page label ranges?

I know I can obtain page labels given a pdf document (using catalog.getPageLabels().getLabelsByPageIndices()), but I have no pdf document handy, only a set of page label ranges. I think LabelGenerator does something similar, though not exactly (it generates the pages in order), and it is private.

I am thinking of copying code in LabelGenerator and modify it to suit my needs. But I’d like to make sure there’s no cleaner way.

Olivier