Am 08.08.2017 um 21:03 schrieb Gary Grosso:
When I open this PDF file in Acrobat XI or Reader DC (or my colleague opens in
Acrobat DC) and do nothing, when I try to quit it prompts us to save changes.
We would like for this prompt not to happen.

You didn't share the relevant code (just "do stuff"), but I suspect you added acroform stuff without appearance streams / set that appearance streams are to be set.

Adding the correct appearance streams is quite tricky... we do it for some field types, but not all.

Tilman