Am 09.08.2017 um 19:58 schrieb Tretonio Tretis:
When memory is high and fill all capacity, manager of memory of the
operational system usage cache of the disk and process slows down.

No have error of memory exception, have high consumption of the memory
using awt BufferedImage.

In my example pdf go more 700 mega into memory with awt and with javaFX
using GraphicsContext this memory less 200  mega.

my application usage parameter -Xmx, and my suggestion is to port pdfbox to
JavaFX.

You can also render to an awt graphics object, i.e. without using a BufferedImage.

Tilman

Please be aware that memory consumption doesn't mean anything if you're
not getting an out of memory exception.

PDFBox does a lot of "soft" / "weak" caching to speed up things. These
resources are released when memory is needed.

I suggest you set a -Xmx value and then test whether your files files work
or not.

Tilman