Hi ,

stuck means there is no log on jboss server,  I also added STDERR in servlet at each line and there i found that the next line after the code " PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA; " is not getting executed and there was no response from server

reason for using old pdfbox is because company hasn't upgraded to newer version, if upgrading can solve this problem than I can ask the managers to upgrade, but I am not sure about this if it will solve this problem.

FOR :
Most likely your issue is related to fonts not being available on your machine
but without more details this is only a guess.

Does it mean that the font " PDType1Font.HELVETICA"  has to be available on AIX machine ? what would be the path it would be looking for on AIX machine ?

Thanks,
Sushant