Thanks Maruan!

Are you sure you're reading the PDF using
PDFTextStripper.processTextPosition()?

Because I've tried it again now using PDFBox 2.0.21 and I'm getting different
results even when setting setSortByPosition( true ):

Comments are made from 1905, / See: Certain Neurotic Mechanisms in 131Jealousy,
Paranoia, and Homosexuality. (Internat. Journ. Psycho-Analysis, vol. iv, April,
1923.) Freud, S. / A response to a mother’s concern about her son’s
homosexuality 1935 -Letters of Sigmund Freud. E. L. Freud (Ed.). New York, NY:
Basic Books. P 423. In this letter Freud links homosexuality to ‘arrested
development.’ Allan Schore, Affect Regulation and the Origin of the self,
Lawrence Erlbaum 1321994.  p 24

Best regards,

Hesham

Included Message:

that's what I'm getting using the -sort option using PDFBox 2.0.21

131 Comments are made from 1905, / See: Certain Neurotic Mechanisms in
Jealousy, Paranoia, and Homosexuality. (Internat. Journ. Psycho- Analysis, vol.
iv, April, 1923.) Freud, S. / A response to a mother’s concern about her son’s
homosexuality 1935 -Letters of Sigmund Freud. E. L. Freud (Ed.). New York, NY:

Basic Books. P 423. In this letter Freud links homosexuality to ‘arrested
development.’

132 Allan Schore, Affect Regulation and the Origin of the self, Lawrence
Erlbaum 1994. p 24

BR

Maruan