Our application uses 2.0.29 version without any problem. I am trying
to upgrade to 3.0.0.

The application follows the pattern of loading in a template pdf,
which was edited to have some fields, with title and default value.
The program later updates the field's value, and then calles flatten()
on the AcroForm, so the fields are transformed to a readable,
positioned text.

After the change to 3.0.0 and calling the flatten() method, the
field's title/caption values which are created on the template, turn
into garbage.

One example is, when a table/grid element's header line contains a
text that includes () signs.
After the braces, the text becomes garbage.

Images added on the template, as part of the form, were left from the output.
I could work around this by filtering the acroform fields, and skip
the PDPushButton type fields.

I could check with the pdfdebugger, that the main font used in the
template is lost in the output.
Any help would be appreciated, I am basically stucked with this task,
and probably there is a PdfBox bug in the background.

I am expert with java, but not with pdfbox, the original working code
was made by someone else in the team.

--
Attila Pados
Java developer