Hi,

I've fixed it and also added a test on the sequence in the original file.
Please build from source and test it on your files.

Tilman

On 2026-10-05 11:17 UTC Hyoga Kono wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I ran into this issue with PDFBox 3.0.8 as well.
> 
> The byte sequence 5C 29 0A 3E appears in a literal string in the /ID array
> of an xref stream.
> PDFBox fails to parse the xref stream, and I can't read the Info metadata.
> 
> I've attached a small reproducer using synthetic PDFs.
> The literal-string version fails, while the hex-string version with
> identical bytes works.
> To run the reproducer, place all three files in the same directory along
> with pdfbox-app-3.0.8.jar, then run:
> 
> ```
> java --class-path pdfbox-app-3.0.8.jar Reproduce.java
> ```
> 
> 
> Has there been any progress on PDFBOX-6167?
> Is there a workaround on the PDFBox side?
> 
> Thanks,
> Hyoga
> 
> On 2026/02/17 15:18:10 Tilman Hausherr wrote:
> > Thank you, I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-6167
> >
> > Tilman
> >
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to