2018-04-09 17:10:50 UTC - Karthik Palanivelu: Hi All, I tested the above
scenario. Only global cluster gets replicated. How could I achieve the same in
topics created local to cluster in different datacenter's? Because, when
us-east-1 of aws is unavailable, I should be having my application running from
us-west with the same set of data with no data loss. Please advice
----
2018-04-09 17:13:13 UTC - Karthik Palanivelu: Hello all, Can you please let me
know how I can consume all the messages that are not consumed yet? For example,
I produced x set of messages with no consumers. After producing messages, when
client comes online as Shared/Exclusive not consuming the messages. It consumes
messages that were produced after consumer is live. Please let me know if I am
missing any.
----
2018-04-09 17:27:30 UTC - Karthik Palanivelu: @Karthik Palanivelu uploaded a
file: <https://apache-pulsar.slack.com/files/U7VRE0Q1G/FA3DN78KE/-.txt|Untitled>
----
2018-04-09 17:28:10 UTC - Karthik Palanivelu: This seems like I need to have
all my topics in global namespace.
----
2018-04-10 00:48:13 UTC - Sijie Guo: @Karthikeyan Palanivelu

yeah only global namespaces are able to configure cross-datacenter
replications. if you want to have a namespace replicated to multiple
datacenters, you need to create the namespace under global. “global” cluster
just means the replication configuration is stored globally, so every data
center is in-sync with replication settings. but you can still configure
namespaces to only replicated between specific clusters.

“global” vs “local”  are kind of legacy concept when pulsar was intiailly
developed at yahoo. at the coming pulsar 2.0 release, we are removing “cluster”
concept.

but for now, using 1.2x version, you need to make the namespace under “global”
scope in order to replication.
----
missing any.
----
2018-04-10 00:50:53 UTC - Sijie Guo: &gt; Hello all, Can you please let me know
how I can consume all the messages that are not consumed yet? For example, I
produced x set of messages with no consumers. After producing messages, when
client comes online as Shared/Exclusive not consuming the messages. It consumes
messages that were produced after consumer is live. Please let me know if I am
missing any.

if a subscription is first time, the consumer starts from the latest message
(by default) at the point that subscription was created. You can configure to
start from earliest message. Or you can rewind the subscription back at time
using bin/pulsar-admin.
----
2018-04-10 06:55:54 UTC - Mate Varga: @Mate Varga has joined the channel
----