2018-08-27 16:32:30 UTC - Thomas Memenga: @Thomas Memenga has joined the channel
----
2018-08-27 18:27:56 UTC - Yuvaraj Loganathan: Hi Team, I see that avro &
protobuf are supported in Java Clients. Thanks for 2.1 release.  Is there any
ballpark timeline for schema registry support for go and python client ? Till
the time the support is added is any work around to consume and produce from
python & go ?
----
2018-08-27 18:31:51 UTC - Sijie Guo: @Yuvaraj Loganathan we are about to
release 2.2 release in a week or so, which have caught up most of the features
for python and cpp except schema. we will consider shema support for python and
go in 2.3 release. The rough timeline for 2.3 release is by end of September.
bananadance : Josh West, jia zhai, Yuvaraj Loganathan, Ali Ahmed
tada : Josh West, jia zhai, Yuvaraj Loganathan, Ali Ahmed
----
2018-08-27 18:42:04 UTC - Yuvaraj Loganathan: @Sijie Guo Thank you for your
kind reply. Since we are in development stage we will wait for 2.3 release in
places where we need schema registry. Your feature release cycle timelines
astonishes me :slightly_smiling_face: Keep up the great work.
+1 : Matteo Merli, William, Ali Ahmed
----
2018-08-28 02:19:45 UTC - William: So, I’m having a struggle. The environment
surrounding Kafka is so mature (relatively?), and I’m trying to find out where
Pulsar is in relation.
----
2018-08-28 02:20:38 UTC - William: Kafka Streams, Connectors, out of the box
support with many other apps... does Pulsar enjoy major software package
support in the same way?
----
2018-08-28 02:21:35 UTC - William: I’m honestly thinking of going with PubNub
and migrating to an in-house deployment of Pulsar “someday”
----
2018-08-28 03:29:13 UTC - Ali Ahmed: @William there is a aggressive roadmap for
pulsar in the months , in core internals pulsar is stable and ready for any
scale of operation, in ancillary support it’s a work in progress . I can’t
comment on pub nub but if you operate at scale it will be things like pubnub
become cost prohibitive and it doesn’t compare to the feature set of pulsar.
----
2018-08-28 06:53:40 UTC - Daniel Root: @Daniel Root has joined the channel
----
2018-08-28 07:07:26 UTC - Daniel Root: @Matteo Merli Thanks again for meeting
with us last week.  Just wanted to clarify your answer to my question about
reading from a partitioned topic.  I understand the reasoning behind why the
Reader doesn't work but you mentioned that we could still read each partition.
Do we use the bookkeeper apis to do this?
----
2018-08-28 07:18:20 UTC - Matteo Merli: In general, you just need to discover
the number of partitions in a topic an create a Reader instance per partition.

To discover the partitions, you can do in 2 ways:
 1. Through REST API:
<http://pulsar.apache.org/en/admin-rest-api/#operation/getPartitionedMetadata>
 2. Downcasting `PulsarClient` to `PulsarClientImpl` and calling
`PulsarClientImpl.getPartitionedTopicMetadata(String topic)`. (we will expose
this method officially at some point)

Once you know the number of partition, if the topic was named `my-topic`, the
partitions will be like `my-topic-partition-0`, `my-topic-partition-1`, …
----