Hi,

I was trying to write a Python script using the Python client API
version 0.8 and Python 2.7.1 (client under Windows, broker MRG 1.3 on
RHEL). Normal scripts with PLAIN authentication and no SSL encryption
seem to be working fine. But when I tried to connect using SSL, I got
following error message:

c:\>python client.py
2011-03-10 15:12:26,859 DEBUG OPEN[d62d28]: rgd001:15160
[Errno 1] _ssl.c:499: error:14094412:SSL
routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate

I started digging into the client libraries, and I found the call of
the method wrap_socket(...) from the Python SSL library in
transports.py, __init__ method of class tls. By adding a second
parameter certfile with certificate, I was able to fix the problem and
connect with PLAIN authentication over SSL. Is this a known problem?
Or is it a problem which is specific for my combination of
windows&python&qpid?

Next, I tried to connect to my broker with the EXTERNAL
authentication. But according to what I found out, the Python client
isn't supporting EXTERNAL authentication. I'm I correct, can someone
confirm it?

Thanks & Regards
JAkub Scholz