On 10/07/2011 12:50 PM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
qpidd chooses from the available mechanisms the most secure (from available)
every time, when possible. I think SASL library itself does not have a priority
list itself, the decision is made by qpidd only.

Actually I think it is the other way around. There is no logic in qpidd (or the cyrus-sasl based clients) to prioritise mechanisms. The user can configure what the client and broker will support, but its the underlying sasl library that picks one if there is more than one mutually acceptable option. The choice is I think based on the perceived security provided and certainly isn't controlled by the order used in the mech_list.