Hi Gordon,
I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but at the risk of exposing my ignorance how do I go about raising a Jira?

I've looked at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/qpid but I can't see how to actually raise an issue from these pages. It's not obvious to me I'm afraid.

Re "Personally, I'm less keen on that," with respect to qpid-route, so what's your issue with it? As far as I can see it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

In my scenario I want to be able to send messages to a fanout exchange, have a processing consumer connect to one output queue and have a headers exchange linked to another queue off the fanout. After processing I want the processing consumer send its results to the headers exchange (so the headers exchange, and thus subscribers bound to it get both the unprocessed and processed data). Clearly I could stand up two broker instances and federate between them, however as far as I can see it's more efficient to link these things together on a single broker instance.

It actually works if I comment out the two lines of code in qpid-route and I guess if I explicitly invoked QMF methods on the broker via the QMF API or protocol I could do it too.

It's not at all clear to me why you're not keen on this, surely it's logically no different to federating between exchanges on different brokers except it's more efficient.

Frase