Hi Bruno,
are you *sure* that this worked?

So I've literally just tried a basic JMS consumer with a broker fired up with qpidd (e.g. authentication enabled) and I used a ConnectionURL

connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory = amqp://anonymous:anonymous@clientid/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

and my broker said:

2013-01-29 18:51:01 warning Failed to retrieve sasl username

Similarly if I add a URL of "anonymous/anonymous@localhost:5672" in the GUI my broker says the same. This latter case creates a Java ConnectionURL the same as my standalone JMS consumer mentioned above.

If I do qpidd --auth no it works fine, but not with authentication enabled.

If you enable log notice in the log4j.xml I think that ConnectionHelper (in v1.1 anyway) spits out the Java ConnectionURL it created so it'd be interesting to see what that says and if you could also confirm you really did use the default this time (you didn't disable auth in config)

What you appear to be seeing all seems a bit odd, especially given Pavel's mail about the outstanding bug, and as I say it's inconsistent with what I've just seen, so I'm a bit baffled...

Frase

I changed the default username and password to anonymous in
ConnectionHelper.java:569, and it works for now. I don't know the
difference between guest/guest and anonymous/anonymous, usually I work
with authentication.