Since my last post, we have done a number of tests involving some
combinations of the following changes to determine which is more helpful in
alleviating this issue:

1. Increasing the buffer count from 4 to 8;
2. Reducing the receiver capacity from 100 to 10;
3. Upgrading from Windows Server 2003 to 2008;

Our conclusion is that #1 and #2 will delay the issue, but eventually, the
exception still happened.  Upgrading our operating systems to run our
application under Windows Server 2008 seems to be the winner, as we have not
seen the issue happens on that version of OS.  According to our research,
Windows Server 2008 has a redesigned network stack implementation, and we
believe that it is helping to prevent the issue from happening.

Thanks again for all your replies and helpful suggestions.