The initial cmake step outputs a message if you are using a newer
version of proton than was marked as tested at the time of the cpp
bits being released, also detailing which version was. Given the age
of the 0.30 release, it looks like it was Proton 0.7 it was released
after, though that doesn't mean some newer versions won't work too,
but thats not something I'm familiar enough with to know offhand.