On 17 October 2016 at 21:24, Ramayan Tiwari <ramayan.tiw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> We are certainly interested in testing the "multi queue consumers" behavior
> with your patch in the new broker. We would like to know:
>
> 1. What will the scope of changes, client or broker or both? We are
> currently running 0.16 client, so would like to make sure that we will able
> to use these changes with 0.16 client.

There's no change to the client.  I can't remember what was in the 0.16
client... the only issue would be if there are any bugs in the parsing of
address arguments.  I can try to test that out tmr.

> 2. My understanding is that the "pull vs push" change is only with respect
> to broker and it does not change our architecture where we use
> MessageListerner to receive messages asynchronously.

Exactly - this is only a change within the internal broker threading
model.  The external behaviour of the broker remains essentially unchanged.

> 3. Once I/O refactoring is completely, we would be able to go back to use
> standard JMS consumer (Destination), what is the timeline and broker
> release version for the completion of this work?

You might wish to continue to use the "multi queue" model, depending on
your actual use case, but yeah once the I/O work is complete I would hope
that you could use the thousands of consumers model should you wish.  We
don't have a schedule for the next phase of I/O rework right now - about
all I can say is that it is unlikely to be complete this year.  I'd need to
talk with Keith (who is currently on vacation) as to when we think we may
be able to schedule it.

> Let me know once you have integrated the patch and I will re-run our
> performance tests to validate it.

I'll make a patch for 6.0.x presently (I've been working on a change
against trunk - the patch will probably have to change a bit to apply to
6.0.x).

Cheers,
Rob

Thanks