On 01/13/2017 08:41 AM, Adel Boutros wrote:
Hello,

While playing around with the JMS API, we noticed that if an empty string is passed to
the JmsConnectionFactory constructor, it will throw back a NullPointerException because
it tries to access the ".toString" of a NULL URL (See createURI).

Do you agree that it would be better to throw an exception which clearly says
an empty String URL is forbidden? If yes, I will add a jira issue for it.

     new JmsConnectionFactory("");
}

Output

------------

at
org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory.<init>(JmsConnectionFactory.java:115)
at
org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory.<init>(JmsConnectionFactory.java:111)

Regards,

Adel

I will take a look at the code again, some things were fixed recently in QPIDJMS-245 but there's probably a few more defensive checks needed to keep people from hitting this.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121