I think it is different for different components of Qpid.

The Qpid broker for Java for example has not migrated its main repository to git. Also the GitHub mirror is treated as read-only. And it is quite possible that pull request might go unnoticed. So, for the Qpid broker for Java component I would recommend for the time being to use JIRA/patches/email.

Kind regards,
Lorenz