On 7 March 2017 at 15:57, Vince Cole <the.vince.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> Thanks
>
> I now see that my client should be setting *jms.forceSyncSend=true*
> (although the ActiveMQ documentation has it as *jms.alwaysSyncSend=true*, so
> I am setting both) option in the connection URI.

Dont set config options for the ActiveMQ client if you arent using it.
Some of the options are similar between the two, as we combined some
earlier work and collaborated on the AMQP 1.0 JMS client, but they are
different clients and the options/behaviours are not exactly the same
between them.

> However, it is still operating asynchronously.
>
> I forgot to mention that I am using a failover URI (with just a single
> broker URI inside it) in order to make the client automatically retry a
> dropped connection.
>
> Could failover be forcing things into asynchronous mode?
> And/or should the syncSend parameters be tacked onto the outer URI vs. the
> inner URI ?
>
> In other words, is it:
>
>   failover:( broker-uri-here?broker.params )?failover.params&sync.params
>
> OR
>
>   failover:( broker-uri-here?broker.params&sync.params )?failover.params
>
> Thanks again in advance

The 'jms.' options go on the outside with the failover URI as the
documentation notes and the examples included there show:
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-jms-0.11.1/docs/index.html#failover-configuration-options

Non-persistent messages will be sent async by default. Persistent
messages will be sent synchronously by default, except within a
transaction where the transaction. The options let you change this to
suit your desired behaviour.