Hi Girish,

HA cluster operates when the majority of nodes is available (when "Required
Minimum Number Of Nodes" is set to DEFAULT).
In 2-node cluster the majority is 2. Thus, when one node goes down, the
cluster looses majority and cannot operate even when second node is Ok.
It is implemented like this in order to avoid "Split brain scenario".

You can make cluster operational by setting "Allow to Operate Solo" on the
remaining node.

Please note, that only one node in 2-node cluster can have "Allow to
Operate Solo" set on.

Alternately, you can set-up 3-node cluster. The 3-nodes cluster continues
to operate after loosing one node (due to majority being 2, thus, the
election of the Master can be performed).
Obviously, when 2 nodes are lost in 3-nodes cluster, the remaining node
cannot operate by itself (unless you override "Required Minimum Number Of
Nodes" and set it to 1).

I hope that the above can help you to understand why node2 goes into
WAITING Role and node1 becomes UNREACHABLE on stop of virtual machine for
node1.

Kind Regards,
Alex