On 8 August 2017 at 11:09, 4 Integration <4integrat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using Qpid JMS 0.23 with Azure Service Bus.
> When using the URI:
>
> amqps://my-namespace.servicebus.windows.net:5671"
>
> I get:
> javax.jms.JMSException: Idle timeout value specified in connection OPEN
> ('30000 ms') is not supported. Minimum idle timeout is '60000' ms.
>
> When setting
> amqps://my-namespace.servicebus.windows.net:5671?amqp.idleTimeout=70000"
>
> I get:
> javax.jms.JMSException: Idle timeout value specified in connection OPEN
> ('35000 ms') is not supported. Minimum idle timeout is '60000' ms
>
> So setting double value works
> amqps://my-namespace.servicebus.windows.net:5671?amqp.idleTimeout=120000"
>
> Is it a bug or?

It's not a "bug" it's simply how idleTimeout is interpreted.  As the user
if you say "I want the connection to timeout if there is no activity in 1
minute", then the client says to the server "generate activity at least
every 30 seconds", and then the client will timeout if it doesn't hear any
activity within a minute (which, given the timeout it gave to the server,
there should have been at least two events).  If the client were to timeout
after exactly 1 minute, but only asked the server to generate traffic at
least every 60 seconds there would be a strong chance of false idle
detections.

-- Rob