On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 09:56 -0400, Irina Boverman wrote:
> I think this example addresses your concern:
>
> docker run -d -e QPID_DATA_DIR=/root/qpid_data -v
> /root/qpid_data:/root/qpid_data:Z --name test1 irinabov/docker-qpid-
> cpp
>
> Does it?

Not exactly - although I think your other message is in the correct
direction.

I think *by default* the broker's data directory should be a volume. I
don't think it matters where actually - although Eric may be correct
that root's home directory might be a bad place.

As long as the default data directory in the the included config file
is a volume then I think my concern is addressed.

I don't think you should need to specify any env variables on the
command line to get this. all that should be  on the "docker run" line
is the volume specification. As this is a container whose only purpose
is to run qpidd there is no need to specify the internals of the
container only how it maps to a volume to make persistent messages
really persistent.

It might well make sense to have something controlling whether there is
a data directory at all though - in other words disable all persistent
queues/messages.

Andrew