Rob,

The binary bundle names and jar names were left unchanged in v7.0.
They are the same is in 6.x. That might help people having downloads
automated. We also publish binary bundles into maven.  We agreed
before to keep the maven artefacts unchanged. Though, I would also
prefer to name bundles using qpid-broker-j-.*. I personally even would
vote to rename broker jars into qpid-broker-j-.*. The source bundle
was named in similar way as the source bundle for qpid-java but we
missed to rename directory "qpid-java-7.0.0" inside of the source
bundle. It is definitely a bug. Though, nothing stops us from
repackaging of the source bundle and renaming folder there for v7.0.
I'll raise JIRA about renaming distribution bundles into
qpid-broker-j-.*.

Kind Regards,
Alex