From: Oleksandr Rudyy [mailto:oru...@gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi 7 février 2018 11:06
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Broker-J and database configuration

Hi Olivier,

The attachments have been stripped from the message.

Though, I can confirm that Broker continue to operate as normal when one or
more virtual hosts fail to start.
Broker users can use management interfaces to fix the problem with ERRORED
virtual host(s) or even create new virtual hosts if required.
At the moment, Broker only reports warning on start-up when any of the direct
children fails to start and transits into ERRORED state.
By setting context variable 'broker.failStartupWithErroredChild' to 'true', the
Broker does not start with any direct child in ERRORED state but that does not
include Virtual Host, as Virtual Host is not direct child of the Broker.

A improvement JIRA QPID-7972 [1] was raised to put Virtual Host Node into error
state if the underlying Virtual Host is in error state. We do not have plans to
include the work for the JIRA into upcoming releases. Please, fill free to
contribute the patch for it to speed up the inclusion of improvement into new
releases.

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-7972