On 21/02/18 21:33, andi welchlin wrote:
Hello all,

I connected a Proton MessagingHandler (Python3) to a QPID C++ Broker 0.37.

I want to close the handler gracefully but I could not manage to do so.

When I call connection.close() the state is afterwards: LOCAL_UNINIT,
REMOTE_ACTIVE

So it does not close the remote connection (or the broker does not close
it).

When I connect to the broker with qpid-tool, I can see that the client is
still there.

What is the right way to close a MessagingHandler and all its connections?

That is the right method to call. However it is asynchronous, so the connection won't be closed when the method returns. You will get a connection_closed event when the remote side echoes the close.