Overall it's good.

Things to consider - none are essential:

drop  'binding/', put the language bindings directly in the root dir. It's
pretty obvious what they are - ruby, go, cpp etc.

Possibility: a "c" or "core" subdir rather than having the core src/
directly in root - clarify that the c-core is a separate "module". It is a
runtime dependency for the bindings but still separate and self-contained.
I'm not sure about this but it does seem more "balanced" somehow.

src/messenger still there - oversight, or do we need to hold onto this?

src/reactor - python is the only remaining user of this if we ditch
perl/php, more reasons to fix that.

Practical point - there may be some extra tweaks to keep our `go get` setup
working when the go subdir moves. I don't think the move will have any
immediate impact, but we may need care & updated instructions on the next
merge out to the "go1" branch