We are using Broker-J 7.0.2 and just ran into a Berkeley HA Time Sync issue
that I'm wondering if anyone else has run into.  The stackTrace is at the
end of this post.   We are running on Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 amd64 and
our JDK is Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_162-b12.  We have 3 servers as part of
our HA setup.

This error occurred in our production environment which has been live for
just a couple of weeks.  We never ran into this in our Test or Dev
environments that have been running for a few months.   When one of our
admins checked the clock times of all 3 servers they were completely in
sync.  Another admin stated that the server clock times are synced with NTP.
Unfortunately our log files rolled off and I don't know exactly when this
error first occurred because the older log file are gone.

2018-04-16 04:10:57,039 ERROR [Group-Change-Learner:prodbroker:prodbroker2]
(o.a.q.s.u.ServerScopedRuntimeException) - Exception on master check
com.sleepycat.je.EnvironmentFailureException: (JE 7.4.5) Environment must be
closed, caused by: com.sleepycat.je.EnvironmentFailureException: Environment
invalid because of previous exception: (JE 7.4.5)
prodbroker2(2):D:\qpidwork\prodbroker2\config Clock delta: 8859 ms. between
Feeder: prodbroker1 and this Replica exceeds max permissible delta: 2000 ms.
HANDSHAKE_ERROR: Error during the handshake between two nodes. Some validity
or compatibility check failed, preventing further communication between the
nodes. Environment is invalid and must be closed. Originally thrown by HA
thread: UNKNOWN prodbroker2(2) Originally thrown by HA thread: UNKNOWN
prodbroker2(2)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.EnvironmentFailureException.wrapSelf(EnvironmentFailureException.java:228)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.dbi.EnvironmentImpl.checkIfInvalid(EnvironmentImpl.java:1766)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.dbi.EnvironmentImpl.checkOpen(EnvironmentImpl.java:1775)
        at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.checkOpen(Environment.java:2473)
        at com.sleepycat.je.DbInternal.checkOpen(DbInternal.java:105)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.ReplicatedEnvironment.checkOpen(ReplicatedEnvironment.java:1052)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.ReplicatedEnvironment.getState(ReplicatedEnvironment.java:764)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.replication.ReplicatedEnvironmentFacade$RemoteNodeStateLearner.executeDatabasePingerOnNodeChangesIfMaster(ReplicatedEnvironmentFacade.java:2276)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.replication.ReplicatedEnvironmentFacade$RemoteNodeStateLearner.call(ReplicatedEnvironmentFacade.java:2042)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.replication.ReplicatedEnvironmentFacade$RemoteNodeStateLearner.call(ReplicatedEnvironmentFacade.java:2012)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.sleepycat.je.EnvironmentFailureException: Environment invalid
because of previous exception: (JE 7.4.5)
prodbroker2(2):D:\qpidwork\prodbroker2\config Clock delta: 8859 ms. between
Feeder: prodbroker1 and this Replica exceeds max permissible delta: 2000 ms.
HANDSHAKE_ERROR: Error during the handshake between two nodes. Some validity
or compatibility check failed, preventing further communication between the
nodes. Environment is invalid and must be closed. Originally thrown by HA
thread: UNKNOWN prodbroker2(2) Originally thrown by HA thread: UNKNOWN
prodbroker2(2)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.stream.ReplicaFeederHandshake.checkClockSkew(ReplicaFeederHandshake.java:424)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.stream.ReplicaFeederHandshake.execute(ReplicaFeederHandshake.java:261)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.impl.node.Replica.initReplicaLoop(Replica.java:691)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.impl.node.Replica.runReplicaLoopInternal(Replica.java:474)
        at
com.sleepycat.je.rep.impl.node.Replica.runReplicaLoop(Replica.java:409)
        at com.sleepycat.je.rep.impl.node.RepNode.run(RepNode.java:1873)