Hi Robbie

Indeed we have some different cases on PROD.

1) Some messages processed by our app several times. Frequent use case.

2) Sometimes we got message with JMXDeliveryCount=2 with no log entries with
JMXDeliveryCount=1 on the same message before or after.

3) We processed message with JMXDeliveryCount=2 before message with
JMXDeliveryCount=1 (asked in start of the mail thread). Rare case.

Most likely there are lock expiration issues.

We have lock timeout 5 minutes, business code of our app process message in
several seconds. In some extreme cases it works 2 minutes at maximum.

So I was looking for interal queue/buffer inside Qpid Driver.
After investigation and discussion with you I think it's less probable than
I had think before.

Currently I think It is a queue or a buffer of Flow Frames on the Azure SB
side.

Behaviour is next:

1) Every thread of Spring's JmsDefaultListenerContainer produce pull
requests with timeout 1 second. This is default configuration.
2) Every pull request produce AMQP Flow Frame
3) If no messages in Azure SB queue, this Flow Frames buffered on Azure SB
side while we have connection/sessions open. The number of send Flow Frames
increases every 1 second at number of threads.
4) New messages arrives to Azure SB queue.
5) Azure SB buffered Flow Frames start processing
6) For first N messages lock is placed and those put on wire.
7) For next M messages , only lock is placed, because SB cannot put it on
wire - connection is busy.
8) On some messages lock expires, attribute DeliveryCount increases
9) Some messages processed by our app, but client acknowledging doesn't take
no effect,  because lock expires, so we process such messages twice or more
times.

I'm going to ask Azure support about AMQP Flow Frames buffers on SB side and
possibility to control it.