On 2 July 2018 at 11:05, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 30/06/18 14:43, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
>>
>> HI Team,
>>

>> I am using "qpid-jms-client-0.34.0" for connecting to servicebus.
>>

>> I am getting error "*The connection was inactive for more than the allowed
>> 60000 milliseconds and is closed by container*".
>>

>> I even setted as "amqp.idleTimeout=-1" but it is not working and throwing
>> error every 60 second. Please find below complete connection URL.
>

> The idle timeout value is used to inform the server how often then client
> wants it to send traffic or heartbeats in order to prevent the client
> considering it a dead connection.
>
> Altering or adjusting the corresponding value as set by the server is
> something you would need to do through some servicebus control interface,
> assuming that is allowed.
>
> However, my suspicion would be that the error you are getting is not related
> to the heartbeating, but is perhaps some higher level restriction. I would
> contact servicebus support to ask them about it and whether it is
> configurable. Probably also write your application to be able to reconnect
> to handle that case.

As Gordon noted, the client side amqp.idleTimeout URI config only
controls what the client enforces locally and advertises such that the
server knows what it needs to satisfy, so it will be working but just
isnt relevant to your situation.

I think ServiceBus advertises 240seconds for idle-timeout in its Open
frame, meaning its actual idle-timeout in terms of not receiving
actual connection traffic or a heartbeats SHOULD be 480sec, but at
least 240 seconds. As Gordon noted, this doesnt seem to be what the
issue you are seeing relates to and it appears they also have other
higher level definitions of idle (or have a bug in implementation of
the heartbeating related idle-timeout) which you will need to discuss
with the ServiceBus folks.

Robbie