The client's responsibility is to say "I want to send to this destination
<foo> and I assert that <foo> is a queue".  This is what the client does.
It is up to the server side to validate the assertion that the client is
making.  The client has no information as to whether the server is lying or
not.  The error you encountered was purely because of the bug on the server
(Azure) side (it was saying "your assertion is correct, <foo> is a queue"),
there is nothing more that the client can do.

-- Rob