On 2 August 2018 at 18:20, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.28.1 release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.28.1-rc2/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1154
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343744
>
> If you are looking at the tag (0.28.1), remember that it has been
> replaced since RC1, you may need to refresh your checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1154</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>     <version>0.28.1</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Verified the licence headers with mvn apache-rat:check.
- Ran the build and tests from source archive (with + without PN_TRACE_FRM).
- Used the staged bits with the Qpid JMS master build and tests.
- Did a binary diff of the archive contents with RC1 to verify that
only the expected source and class files had changed (+ build
timestamp differences).

Robbie