On 14/08/18 22:21, fergus wrote:
Hi,

I am having an issue implementing a request/response pattern using JMS
temporary queues (dynamic addressing).

The docker compose to run the brokers and dispatcher and code is shared @
https://github.com/fbyrne/qpid-dispatch-jms

The test code

    1. Creates a JMS connection to the dispatcher - *OK*
    2. Creates a JMS session - *OK*
    3. Creates a temporary queue - *OK*
       - I can see the temporary queue created on the dispatcher
    4. Sends a message to the requests queue with reply-to as temporary
    queue - *OK*
    5. Creates a new session - *OK*
    6. Creates a consumer and receives the sent request - *OK*
    7. Reads the reply-to destination from the message - *OK*
       1. Address is correct
    8. Creates a producer on the reply to address - *OK*
    9. Sends a response to the reply to address - *NOK*
       - Code hangs here until the connection eventually timesout
    10. Creates a consumer on the reply to address - *NOK*

Step 10 has to occur before step 9. The address is not a queue. The router will only issue credit to send messages to it if it has a receiver for that address that it can then route those messages to.

    11. Receives a response message from the reply to address. - *NOK*

I note that there have been some issues flagged as resolved around this but
these have been resolved in version 0.8.0.
  - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-634

I appreciate any help you can give me on this.  Hopefully i have just
misconfigured or am missing some configuration.

I hope the docker setup will assist you to reproduce.  The java test code
builds with maven 3.5.0 and Java 8.

Kind regards,
Fergus Byrne

Setup information.
Versions:
- Qpid Dispatch: 1.3.0
- Qpid Broker J: 7.0.6
- Qpid JMS: 0.35.0

Configuration:

    - broker1
    - Queues
          - requests
       - broker2
       - Queues
          - requests
       - dispatcher
       - listener: amqp
       - connections: route-containers
          - broker1
          - broker2
       - waypoints
          - requests
       - autolinks
          - broker1: requests directions: in & out
          - broker2: requests directions: in & out