Thanks Keith and Alex,

That was the problem.  I have added the keystores section to the config, and
now it starts up, listening on the HTTPS port.

I also removed the old JMX properties to avoid confusion, although I don't
think those were causing problems (they were probably just ignored)).  I am
now doing some memory utilization and performance testing, and will post
another thread with my findings.  I am seeing some unusual behavior, but I
might not have the right ratio of direct memory to heap memory, and might
not have set the flow-to-disk threshold correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Brian