Hi,

there's no one path for any of us migrating. So for example, Alex (Harui)
did a great work with emulation components (MXRoyale library) in Royale to
make Flex migration as easy as possible. I think the example is in Tour De
Flex, he migrated that app with minimum changes. Maybe is not 100% same
code as Flex but very close. So you could try that alternative.

In the other hand we have Jewel UI set that are a modern set of components
with most of the ones you know from MX/Spark but some new ones for designed
to use in mobile devices. We migrate a huge app where all logic was mostly
the same but we need to migrate the UI and tweak a little bit to conform
with Jewel UI Set. So around 70-80% of code and structure from Flex was
valid.

About data crunching, since there's no more info about it I assume AS3
code. All AS3 code can run as is in most cases always not depend in flash
player APIs (I-e: PureMVC works the same since is pure AS3 with no Flash
Player dependencies). If you use flash apis, then you need to try to change
APIs for royale ones (most of the times it will be possible).

HTH

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira