Thanks for the insight Carlos. I have been studying your Tour De Jewel app, a
beautiful piece of demonstration.

So I have a deeper question about CSS.  Let's say I have a Jewel button that
I need to style on the fly and cannot hardwire it into CSS code.  Let's say
I have a button that I am going to create at runtime that I won't know it's
dimensions until I know the size of the container it is in, but I want it to
be a "pill" button so I need to style the "border-radius" in CSS to half the
height of the button once the button is created.  I don't see a way to do
this with Jewel.  I don't see a bead like SimpleCSSStyles for Jewel that
will allow me to style in Actionscript during execution.

Is there a way to make a rounded corner button in Jewel using Actionscript
at runtime to change CSS of a component??