Hello,

I'm currently trying to initialize the Network Stack to create a simple echo
server on a LEON-4 N2X processor board. I'm using the Cobham Gaisler supplied
cross-compiler (gcc with ready to use BSPs), and have already run some test
applications, which means (or should mean) the toolchain works.

My problem is that the network initialization fails. The debug information I
can get is relatively scarce, but using gdb I see that it seems to crash on
bsd_init (rtems_glue.c), specifically on

=================================
        p = rtems_bsdnet_malloc_mbuf(nmbuf * _SYS_MBUF_LEGACY_MSIZE +
_SYS_MBUF_LEGACY_MSIZE - 1,MBUF_MALLOC_MBUF);
        p = (char *)(((uintptr_t)p + _SYS_MBUF_LEGACY_MSIZE - 1) &
~(_SYS_MBUF_LEGACY_MSIZE - 1));
        if (p == NULL) {
                printf ("Can't get network memory.\n");

Now, the driver initialization went through, and I should have 1 Gb of memory.

Considering I'm quite new to RTEMS, I'm not sure how to approach this issue and
how to proceed on diagnosing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sascha