On 12/08/18 00:41, Chris Johns wrote:
On 10/08/2018 22:30, Sebastian Huber wrote:
Hello Stavros,

you can do this with a custom clustered scheduler configuration:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/configuring_a_system.html#clustered-scheduler-configuration

I had a brief look over the documentation you provided but could not see how to
achieve the result you are saying.

Stavros, asked for two things.

1. A way to change properties of the initialization task which are not covered
by configuration options

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/configuring_a_system.html#classic-api-initialization-tasks-table-configuration

before the initialization task runs. To do this some user provided code must
execute after the initialization task is created and before it runs. My
suggestion to use a device driver initialization function for this doesn't
work. The initialization task is created after the device driver
initialization. It can be done via a system initialization handler using the
undocumented RTEMS_SYSINIT_ITEM(). Maybe also a high priority constructor,
however, in this case the task already runs.

2. A way to pin a task to a particular processor. There are two options to do
this in RTEMS. One is a clustered scheduler configuration, the other is the use
of a thread to processor affinity.

Alternatively, on a recent version the default SMP scheduler supports a
one-to-one affinity.  You can set it in a device driver.
Is there an example of how to do this?

Chris