Hello all, I hope everyone on the list is health and safe.

I’m studying the update of a SPARC project, currently based on RTEMS 4.11, to
RTEMS 5.

After installing RTEMS 5, the first thing I did was compile and run, on SIS, a
set of example applications.

When calling sparc-rtems5-sis, I noticed that the loaded application run fast
as hell, as SIS was just calling one instruction after the other, with no
timing concerns – different from what I saw on older versions.

I’ve tried to set the frequency with the “-freq” parameter, but this makes no
difference. I also checked the RTEMS SPARC BSP sources, and the CLOCK_SPEED
definition inside the trap table is still set to 10, as ever.

Can anyone say what is different between the previous and current SIS versions,
and how can I make the applications run with a reasonable timing?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fabrício.