From: users <users-boun...@rtems.org> On Behalf Of Joel Sherrill
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. April 2023 19:56
To: rtems-us...@rtems.org <users@rtems.org>
Subject: ESA Mission Juice Launch

 Hi

The JUICE mission was scheduled to launch today but unfortunately, there was a
delay on the launch of the ESA Juice mission this morning due to lightning. But
on a positive note, it means that we all didn't miss it. :) It is scheduled for
Friday at 8:14 a.m. ET.

"After JUICE arrives at Jupiter in July 2031, the spacecraft will spend about
three and a half years orbiting the gas giant and conducting flybys of three of
its moons: Ganymede, Callisto and Europa. Toward the end of the mission, Juice
will focus solely on orbiting Ganymede, making it the first spacecraft to ever
orbit a moon in the outer solar system."

AFAIK this mission includes at least RTEMS based instruments and Data
Processing Unit (DPU). If anyone has more details on the use of RTEMS on this
mission, please share.

https://flightsoftware.jhuapl.edu/files/2016/Day-3/Day-3-13-Hellstrom.pdf

More general info on the mission

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65254502