Hi Pete,

this looks like bug https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4631

It was fixed for RTEMS 6 but may be not for RTEMS 5?

I am adding Chris Johns to CC as he fixed this bug in RTEMS 6.

If it is this bug, the cause is that on newer OS the command `/usr/bin/python3-config --ldflags` needs an additional `--embed` option while on older OS it does not even understand it. I am not using RTEMS 5 so maybe someone else can provide you advice.

Pete, which version of Python are you using?
What is the output of the following commands on your machine?

/usr/bin/python3-config --ldflags
/usr/bin/python3-config --ldflags --embed

Greetings
Frank