Hello Don Oliver,

with the information you provided it is hard to figure out what is going on.
RTEMS 5.0.0 is not an RTEMS release. The problem you described could be caused
by an operating system bug or an application issue. I recommend to first update
to the current RTEMS master branch (RTEMS 6). We spent a lot of time and effort
into maturing the SMP support in particular for the GR712RC over the last
years. This all went into RTMES 6 and not RTEMS 5.

Kind regards,
   Sebastian

--
embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG