Hi RTEMS Community

I would like to announce that RTEMS will be moving to GitLib in the coming month
or so. We do not have any exact dates yet and we will let you know when we do.
The change is large and complex because we are integrating an active open source
project made up of various pieces into a single platform.

1. A number of services we currently run will be locked to prevent further
modification but will remain available while we move, for example our current
Trac web site.

2. All repo default branches will be moved to `main` as part of the move. You
will need to migrate any repos you have to use `main` and we will provide
instructions when the time comes.

3. Accounts you may have will not be migrated. If you have a Trac account you
will need to create a new account on GitLab. Accounts will be protected by 2FA.

4. The initial roll out is to provide repo access with Merge Requests. Once live
there will be no need to send patches to mailing lists for review and
integration.

5. We will provide more detail closer to the roll out of the projects in GitLab
and the approval process we will initially adopt. GitLab will be set up with an
initial set of roles and positions assigned to people. This is an initial
starting point and we are open to adding people who can help with the
administrative tasks we have.

6. Moving the tickets from Trac to GitLab is complicated and involved and will
require at least three weeks which means we will need to take Trac off line to
do this. This means automatic updating via git commits will not be migrated and
will require manual updates once GitLab is available. We need the Trac tickets
in GitLab to be able to set up GitLab and migrate them to a suitable workflow.

7. Some mailings for administrative purposes will be removed.

I would like to thank those who have worked over the last 12 months to bring
this effort to life. This includes the people who were approached to sponsor the
work, RTEMS GitLab team and Amar for his efforts making this happen. It is a
complex task to secure the systems we run.

Regards
Chris
RTEMS GitLab Team - Amar, Chris, Gedare, Joel, Kinsey