You can specify the bootdelegation package via servlet init param in web.xml
of the sling webapp

    <servlet>
        <display-name>Sling Servlet</display-name>
        <servlet-name>sling</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.SlingServlet</servlet-class>

        <!-- Custom bootdelegation to allow resolution of XPath, Xerces and
Xalan -->
        <init-param>
            <param-name>sling.bootdelegation.com.sun.org.apache</param-name>
            <param-value>com.sun.org.apache.*</param-value>
        </init-param>

        <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

Chetan Mehrotra