Hi Bertrand

I think a partial descriptor approach is a requirement. Firstly,
because it would be hard to transition to an "all or nothing" model in
a single step. Secondly, partial deployments may work well in a
customizable system: one descriptor is the vendor's deployment, the
other contains the client's customizations.

So yes, the challenge is to define an intuitive way of letting the old
and new worlds coexist in harmony.

Regards
Julian