please note that there is also an ongoing contribution of wcm.io Configuration
[1] to Apache Sling [2].
this process has started just now, so it will take some time until it will be
released.

if you are using AEM you could directly go with [1] for the time being.

stefan

[1] http://wcm.io/config/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5886