Hi Robert,
I have updated the file and created a Pull Request for the same.
Regards,Gaurav
    On Wednesday 4 October 2017, 1:46:45 PM IST, Robert Munteanu
<romb...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi Gaurav,

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 03:58 +0000, Gaurav Sachdeva wrote:
> Hello,
> The following has been mentioned in the documentation regarding the
> algorithm used for selecting the primary node type of the file
> uploaded -
> "If a @TypeHint suffixed parameter is not present or the value does
> not denote an existing non-mixin node type, the node will be created
> as an nt:file node if the parent node is of type nt:folder. Otherwise
> the node will be created with primary node type nt:resource."
>
> However, while playing around, I found it to be slightly different -
> The primary node type also depends on the "name" attribute of the
> <input type="file"> tag. If the input tag has a name attribute which
> is NOT *, for example, name="image", then the node is created with a
> name "image" and it has properties jcr:data, jcr:lastModified and
> jcr:mimeType. However, is the name attribute is *, name="*", then it
> doesn't matter whether the parent node is of type nt:folder or
> something else, the node for uploaded file is always created with
> node type as nt:file only.
> Regards,Gaurav

Thanks for the report. Could you send a pull request with this update?

The sling site is found in Github at https://github.com/apache/sling-si
te and the page you referenced is https://github.com/apache/sling-site/
blob/master/src/main/jbake/content/documentation/bundles/manipulating-
content-the-slingpostservlet-servlets-post.md .

Robert