[2] https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/trunk/oak-security-spi/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/spi/security/authorization/restriction/RestrictionPattern.java#L50

[3] https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-oak-restrictions/blob/8574518f43969db9e4f8bbeb4e825d6d05ee41f8/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/oak/restrictions/impl/ResourceTypePattern.java#L150

[4] https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/dc43f39e3203561542640218d2ec9a39c846ff2f/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/security/authorization/restriction/NodeTypePattern.java#L54

On 2019-03-02 00:16, John Logan wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing around with the Sling Oak restriction feature and I can't
seem to get it working.

The simple case I'm trying right now is to allow a user 'alice' to
have full access to all nodes at or below nodes with Sling resource
type 'foo'.  Here's the test procedure I'm following:

1.) Fire up sling-starter 11 and log into the Composum browser as admin.

2.) Add a user 'alice'.

3.) Add permission jcr:read to '/' for alice so she can browse in Composum.

4.) Create a sling:Folder node '/content/data' with Sling resource type 'foo'.

5.) Create a sling:Folder node '/content/data/child1' with Sling
resource type 'foo'.

6.) For the '/content/data' node, add a permission with principal
'alice', rule 'allow', privileges 'jcr:all', and restrictions
'sling:resourceTypesWithDescendants=foo'.

7.) In a separate browser, log in as alice and go to Composum.

8.) As alice, try to create the node '/content/data/child2'.

Expected: User 'alice' can create the node.

Actual: The Composum "Create New Node" dialog displays the error
"Error 400 javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access
denied" and the node is not created.

If I check effective permissions in Composum for /content/data and
/content/data/child1, I see that 'alice' does receive jcr:all for both
nodes.  Further, I can perform this check either as admin or alice,
whereas I cannot look at permissions on /content as alice.

If I try the Sling POST servlet as alice to create the node, I get a
different exception
"org.apache.sling.api.resource.PersistenceException: Resource at
'/content/data/foo' is not modifiable."

Am I misunderstanding something about how restrictions work?  Thank
you for any guidance you can offer!

John

The stack trace for the failure when creating via Composum is:

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException:
OakAccess0000: Access denied

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.permission.PermissionValidator.checkPermissions(PermissionValidator.java:210)
[org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.8.8]

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.permission.PermissionValidator.childNodeAdded(PermissionValidator.java:148)
[org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.8.8]

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit.VisibleValidator.childNodeAdded(VisibleValidator.java:106)
[org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-spi:1.8.8]

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit.VisibleValidator.childNodeAdded(VisibleValidator.java:32)
[org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-spi:1.8.8]

The stack trace for Sling POST is:

org.apache.sling.api.resource.PersistenceException: Resource at
'/content/data/child2' is not modifiable.

        at
org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.helper.SlingPropertyValueHandler.setProperty(SlingPropertyValueHandler.java:114)

        at
org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation.writeContent(ModifyOperation.java:372)
[org.apache.sling.servlets.post:2.3.26]

        at
org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation.doRun(ModifyOperation.java:93)
[org.apache.sling.servlets.post:2.3.26]

        at
org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.AbstractPostOperation.run(AbstractPostOperation.java:99)
[org.apache.sling.servlets.post:2.3.26]

        at
org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.SlingPostServlet.doPost(SlingPostServlet.java:228)
[org.apache.sling.servlets.post:2.3.26]