Hi

I just wanted to update on how I finally got it fixed. The important part was
that I specified that I want to overwrite properties when providing the
ROOT.json:

<Sling-Initial-Content>
    SLING-INF/jcr_root;overwriteProperties:=true
</Sling-Initial-Content>

That did the trick to get sling:target changed to my post-login landing page.

Cheers - Andy