Hi Robert,
Thanks a lot for the info. I was also using MetricRegistry to register the
gauge metrics. I thought there was a way to add the gauge metric using
metricsService.
After looking into the implementation of metricsService, it seems to be not
trivial to add the gauge registration in the metricsService.

So, I will keep my implementation as it is to register gauge metrics using
MetricRegistry.

Thanks

Allen

On 5/25/20, 7:52 AM, "Robert Munteanu" <romb...@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi Allen,

    On Fri, 2020-05-22 at 20:52 +0000, Allen Liu wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have been using metricsService to add metric instrumentation for
    > counter, histogram, meter and timer. However, the metricsService
    > doesn’t seem to have a way to add gauge type instrumentation.
    > Does anyone know how to add gauge instrumentation using
    > metricsService?

    You should be able to reference a com.codahale.metrics.MetricRegistry
    service directly, and use the raw DropWizard APIs for gauges.

    Hope this helps,
    Robert