Ben wrote:
Pardon the potential ignorance, but if _quick only contains a subset of fields in the main table, shouldn't it just be a view and not store independent data? Then it can't get our of sync and the db is smaller (faster?). (I'm assuming mysql can do this, postgres can).

Hi Ben,

No because the fields in questions are not copies of the fields in the store table but processed and extracted fields from the vcalendar/vcard structure contained in the c_content field, which is a text "blob" from an SQL point of view.

--
Wolfgang Sourdeau  ::  +1 (514) 447-4918 ext. 125  ::  wsourd...@inverse.ca
Inverse inc. Leaders behind SOGo (sogo.nu) and PacketFence (www.packetfence.org)